Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pasadena Bead and Design Show - January 2010

It's been over a month since I went to the Pasadena Bead and Design show, but I wanted to blog about it briefly. I wasn't planning on going to it because I intended to visit Tucson in February, but I ended up going anyway at the spur of the moment, and packed a bag in case I decided to stay overnight.

It was a nice day on Saturday and the drive up the 15 freeway was pretty. I got to the show around noon and when I registered, one of the show organizers was there and I asked her why I had not been sent a postcard for free admission this time. Long story short, I got in for free (instead of $10)!

Having been to this show several times in the past couple years, I recognized many vendors and took note of the new ones. One importer had incredibly inexpensive Chinese crystal beads, where I made my first purchase of the day. I also visited my friend Donna Palmer's booth, and made my usual 'donation' at her shop. She always has a nice variety of seed beads and interesting kits. She loves bright colors and Swarovsky crystals, and has a playful style of work.

Since I was planning a major shopping trip to Tucson in February, I kept the buying in check and finished the show in about four hours. I decided to stay overnight in Arcadia (close to Pasadena) and the next day I tracked down a new bead store, San Gabriel Beads. And oh, mama! They had seed beads galore! I spent maybe two hours looking at everything and brought home a large bag stuffed with more seed beads, clasps, and other goodies. That store made the weekend complete! (So much for saving my $$ for Tucson!)

I did not take any pictures of the stash this time, but will do so after Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment