Thursday, November 26, 2009

DC Bead Store


I was in Washington DC last week for business, and while there I visited a bead store I had been to a few times before. Bedazzled is located in Dupont Circle, very near the Metro. While it is convenient, it is not the best bead store in the world (sorry, Bedazzled), but it IS a bead store and I support any and all of them. (LOL)

I found some gold french boullion I had been looking for (I use it to protect the threads while attaching clasps) and some different toggle clasps in gold and silver, and even two $1 grab bags of assorted beads. I got those as a challenge to myself to make something from a hodge podge assortment.

Many of the bead magazines that I read often have Bead Challenges, where the same assortment of beads is given to three or four people, and they are to create something with them. Then the magazine publishes photos of the finished pieces to show everyone that there are many ways to use the same materials, just depending upon your taste, skill level, and preference of materials. (The designers are encouraged to use the beads from the initial assortment, but it is okay to fill out the design with materials from their own stash, too.)

Anyway, if I ever get around to making something with those grab bag beads, I'll post a picture of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment