Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Snakeskin jasper


I got out the snakeskin jasper beads from the Tucson trip this weekend and got inspired. I ended up with a pretty multi-strand necklace, a bracelet and a pair of earrings.
The jasper is deep teal with brownish, creamy mottled patterns. I bought only one strand of oval beads and one strand of rectangle beads, so was limited to whatever they would make. I filled out the necklace with coordinating colors of crystal rondelles (teal, gold and clear) and for spacers between the jasper I used irregular-shaped bronzy-brown seed beads.
Then I decided to add a removeable piece consisting of four strands of those same seed beads. I like the idea of being able to wear the necklace as just two strands of the jasper, or adding the 4-strand seed bead component to it.
Let me know what you think! Comments welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment